EXPERIENCE ARTMadpixel’s extraordinary ultra-HD gigapixel images make great art interactive. Even the smallest details of a brushstroke are visible in highest quality.
- Discover details hidden to the naked eye while exploring the artwork “with your fingertips”, using super-zoom, ultraviolet, infrared and x-ray vision.
- Enjoy highlighted stories about specific sections of the painting with interactive audio, video and text from museum experts and curators.
- Collections and temporary exhibits. Even "digital exhibits" featuring museum artwork selections: portraits, landscapes of flowers, paintings with horses, or even art containing moustaches.
PLAY & LEARNHow can I discover all the best parts of a museum? Can a visit be both educational and fun?
- Now you can go on "treasure hunts" created by the museum. Get the most out of your visit by learning through your own experience.
- Match the color of a certain robe, draw and discover a hidden character, count how many women are in a specificpainting and, as your “badge”, get the treasure of the stories behind the clues.
- Play and interact with the artwork, become an expert and receive your "diploma" for each exhibition treasure hunt played. Then share it with your friends. Art is so serious that it really should be fun.
SOCIALShare your experiences: tell other users about your favorite artwork, the “treasure hunt” badges you’ve won or the impact a high-resolution detail of a painting has made on you...
- Share the details you discover in a gigapixel image and tell your own stories.
- React to what other users are saying about a painting with the integrated timelines for featured paintings on each “Art Card” using hashtags for the paintings.
- Tell your friends about your experience playing "Threasure hunts" and share your diplomas.
- Discover the conversations museums create about new exhibitions, or 140-character online lessons, even live events, right inside the app. Join in and be a part of it all.
Museo del Prado app
- 14 masterpieces in ultra-HD and over 60 related works of art.
- Amazing stories, detail by detail, told by the museum.
- Super-zoom, X-ray and IR vision.
- Share what you discover in the ultra-HD images, on FB, TW and email.
- Enriched art cards, including audioguide and sign language guide.
- TV/projector connection for big screen experience at school and at home (via cable or airplay)
- In-app purchases, including Prado's Mona Lisa.
- All the content managed online by the museum via Second Canvas Studio (cloud platform).
- English and Spanish.
- iPad + iPhone universal app.
- Tablet + smartphone Android universal app.
Want to jump into a painting and experience art? The app is already available for iPad, iPhone, tablet and smartphone Android devices.
Second Canvas: the art of apps.
Rhiannon Williams - The Telegraph
Visitors to the gallery can spend a minute, even just half a minute, looking at a picture. With the app you can explore every centimetre of the work of art in your own time on your iPad, leading to a deeper understanding of how it was created and every detail the artist included.
Gabrielle Finaldi - Deputy director at Museo del Prado
Dettagli che sfuggono ma che esistono, sono lì e possono essere svelati nella loro sorprendente bellezza attraverso Second Canvas Museo del Prado app
Valeria d'Angelo - La Repubblica
(...) hay que reconocer que la visión de halcón digital que permite descubrir hasta el último resquicio de El jardín de las delicias es algo que los ojos delante de un cuadro no pueden alcanzar.
Angel Luis Sucasas - El Pais
ALL THE CONTENT MANAGED BY THE MUSEUM
Second Canvas Studio (the online CMS) provides museums with full content control in multi-device apps, over everything from new temporary or digital exhibits to play&learn games, social conversations, museum information and the details and interactive elements of a gigapixel image. Just prepare a pack of new content and publish it. It will reach user devices without having to re-send the app to the AppStore/GooglePlay for approval. So simple, so powerful. The museum manages the content using Second Canvas Studio and then the resulting files are transferred to the museum’s server. This way museums have all the data the app needs to work on their own servers.